Enter the Epicness

October 13, 2011

1st Quarter Project (step 3.5)

Dear Suzanne Collins,

I admire your work completely. You are one of my favorite authors because of your creative writing, good descriptions and turn of events. I read your book the Hunger Games and I fell in love with it. The whole book was flawless and really interesting. Even Stephanie Meyer loved it!

If I would change anything about the book, it would be that Peeta and Katniss team up from the beginning of the Games and that during the games, Katniss is seriously injured and it is Peeta who must take care of her. This will be much more romantic and it would allow Katniss to end in love with Peeta in real life. This will be a very good change for Peeta because he has been in love with Katniss for a very long time and I think that he must be rewarded for it.

Another good thing about this change of plans is that there will be a lot of mixed feelings in the love triangle between Peeta, Katniss and Gale. It would be an interesting approach.

You structured and developed the book so flawlessly that I had to hide it beneath the dinner table to keep reading. It is a book that gets you hooked so easily that you cannot place it down. There is not one part of the book in which I felt bored. I think this is because at the end of each chapter you generated a large amount of suspense so you felt bad if you left the book. I read it in two days and I have never been so absorbed in a book in my whole life.

I have a mental list of best book series and authors. First there was the Harry Potter series that were in the first place and then there were the Mysterious Benedict Society series. I never thought a book could reach the level of the previous two mentioned but I think the Hunger Games is tied in first place with Harry Potter. I absolutely loved your book and I wish you could make a new book after Mockingjay. Maybe a sort of epilogue or a continued story.

I think what most influenced me in my attitude towards the characters were the actions and feelings they had. I always felt sorry for Peeta because he loves a girl who doesn't love him back and is only acting to love him for survival. He is a very educated and respectful boy and I think it isn't at all fair that he is the boy tribute from District 12. I think the most important actions he did were on the cave at night when he and Katniss were in the sleeping bag together. His honesty and romance he generated won the sponsors and practically saved him and Katniss.

I have also felt sorry for Katniss because she was the one in charge of her family after her father's death, she is the one that did anything possible to protect her sister Primrose and she is the one who volunteered to be a tribute in order to save her. In some parts of the story I felt mad with her because of her thoughts and feelings. This was especially at the beginning of the Games in which the Peeta and the Careers were teamed up. I though this was a beautiful strategy planted by Peeta because he gains trust with the Careers and at the same time he survives with extra amount of food. Katniss's feelings against him were really maddening to me because he will not kill her and he is in some hidden way, protecting her. He is diverting the Careers from her and he is risking his own life in doing so. That is why he was slashed in the thigh by Cato and he almost died. However, I loved the character produced by Katniss and I wish to read the rest of the series.

I loved your book and your writing.

Sincerely,

Alejandro Samper



No comments:

Post a Comment