Enter the Epicness

April 26, 2012

Myself as a learner throughout the year.

At the beginning of the year, I was used to learning from a textbook, board and desk. It was a good way to learn, but not exactly the best. This year in English class, through the technology tools and the amazing learning environment in Hippie Heaven, I have discovered that learning can happen in every shape and color. For example, the fact that we have to show our knowledge through songs, videos, and many other Web 2.0 tools has helped me find new ways of showing my work than just doing my homework.

One great advantage of this type of learning is the use of the Internet. This year I have learned so many ways of using the Internet that I'm confident that I know more about it than most adults. I have to present my work through a blog, and this was a crazy idea three years ago. This only shows our ability of progress. If in three years I can move from worksheets to blogs, imagine what changes will occur in the next 10 years.

I have learned a lot this year in English and I think it's due to the WAY of learning and not the material. I hope that in the next few years we will continue to learn in this method and not the regular, old and ordinary ways of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment